Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Fashion Friday: Preparing for Rain... no, Snow

To say that the weather has been crazy is a bit of an understatement.  Last weekend was beautiful, sunny and perfect for an outdoor barbecue, throwing a football around and celebrating birthdays.  Then monday I decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt and wash my car.  Then came Tuesday and rain / sleet / snow and our flag football game.  Our game started right when it started to snow and ended when it stopped.  One of those “are you kidding me?” moments in life.  Can’t complain too much, I did score a touchdown and we won the game!  

This outfit is the perfect combatant for rain or snow, you know, whichever decides to show up in April.
 Rain Boots: Kamik from DSW
Socks: Purchased in Switzerland somewhere
Black Skinny Jeans: Urban Outfitters
Lace Cami: Abercrombie
T-shirt sweater: American Eagle
Scarf: Knit by me 
Trench: Coach
Umbrella: Target
I’m looking forward to this weekend!  We’ve been on spring break all week and I’ve been pretty busy with crafts.  I finished a cowl I knit (different from the one pictured above) and sewed a skirt with a 1941 sewing machine my mom gave me.  It will definitely be featured on the blog once I wear it.  Tonight I’m going to a drive in movie at Union Market in DC and then the boyfriend and I will be celebrating another birthday on Saturday.  Today’s goal is to find a new knitting project!

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment