Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Bulletin Board Bravado!

When thinking of how I wanted to do my bulletin boards this year I wanted a way to post information, the schedule, and a spot to highlight the students of the month.  All three of my schools have a different board location.  At the first school I don’t have a board so I’ve used the small band of board at the top of the wall to anchor the paper for my wall board.  I’ve made it right out side of the cafeteria in hopes that it’s where most students will look in the morning.  I don’t pass out the schedule to my students but make sure that it’s posted in the school, in their classrooms and on my website (www.tinyurl.com/ilermusic).  My first year I gave them the schedule but it used so much paper that I decided to change that this year.  I think it makes them take more responsibility to look in the morning for their lesson time.  (I’ll go over my schedule and process for that in another post)
As you can see I have the schedule and group lists.  I’ve taped plastic sheets to the paper so that each month I can easily replace the schedule.  I also have a spot for students of the month (also in a plastic sleeve) and a “Do you know these notes” section that is obviously low enough that when the primary students are in line for lunch they like to touch it.  Might been to rethink that one.  The problem with the wall board though is that it’s all taped on the paper which makes it difficult to replace things.  Better than no board though!
My second school has the board I am most proud of.  I love the neon colors on the black paper!  It really stands out in the cafeteria which is where this board is located.  I have two plastic sheets at the bottom for adding fun facts and the students of the month.  

Here’s my fun fact sheet.  I add it in when I don’t have other announcements.

 The third bulletin board is outside of the music room which I use one day a week and the other day I use another classroom.  Right now I have some of my composition projects I gave students before winter break on display.  Once I take those down I have another “Do you know these notes” section for students to name the notes.
 I truly wish I had taken some photos of my boards from last year to compare.  Part of my motivation to start this blog is to see how I’m growing as a teacher so it’ll be a fun way to document that growth and to get feedback.

How do you post your information?  Do you have a bulletin board at your school?  What are some themes or projects that you have posted?

No comments:

Post a Comment