Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Fashion Friday: Packing for a weekend in Florida!

Happy Snow Day(s) East Coast!  Although I’m not particularly happy about it we have had about 15” or more of the fluffy then icy stuff and I am flying to Florida today.  Praying that my flight will leave on time and we’ll be in the sun by 3:30.  Fingers Crossed!!

This post will be about how I packed for 70 - 80 degree weather (compared to the 30 degrees here).  I’ll be down there (God willing) Friday - Monday to visit family with my boyfriend.  The challenge is that between my boyfriend and I we had to have only one carry on (because I didn’t want to pay for 2) and we each get one personal item.  So we’ll be splitting a carry on for a 4 day trip.  Here’s what I have planned to wear.

 The first day I’ll be wearing my outfit and it will have to go from 30 degree weather to 70 degree!  Layers...
 Shoes - Toms
Jeans - American Eagle
Plaid Shirt - Old Navy 
Sweater - Old Navy
Vest - Old Navy 
Scarf - Flee Market

I think that this will be a good outfit to start in.  I also plan on wearing the leather jacket below once we get to the airport but then a large down jacket for the car ride there.  I plan to leave the jacket in the car.  I might do the same with my shoes and wear Ugg boots until we get to the airport.  I am a little concerned about not having socks through security as I normally like to plan for however I’m sure it will be easier to slip these on and off without them.  


Jacket - Uniqlo

Here is my outfit for Saturday:


Shoes - Toms
Jeans - American Eagle
Jean Shirt - Marshall’s
Sweater - Uniqlo

White pants in February, why not?  I love the look of these jeans with my favorite chambray shirt!  I have the sweater in case it’s a little chilly in the morning.  In case we go out to dinner at all I am also bringing this dress.


Dress - Target
Belt - Target
Shoes - Nine West

Sunday we will be heading to my Aunt and Uncles.  I thought incase it is really very warm I would bring a pair of shorts however if it’s in the 60s I will wear this same outfit with my jeans from Friday.


Shorts - Lucky Brand
Top - Loft
Cardigan - Juicy Couture from Marshall’s
Shoes - Tom’s

Our last day, Monday we will only be hoping in the car to go back to the airport in the morning.  I plan to wear the same jeans from Friday as well as either the grey or tan sweater once we return to the freezing weather in the DMV.  


Shoes - Tom’s
Jeans - American Eagle
Shirt - Uniqlo

Here’s to hoping our plane gets off the ground and we have a safe trip!  Stay warm up here in the north pole Washington DC and have a happy President’s Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment