Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Fashion Friday: Southern Sparkle

Finally it’s Friday.  I don’t know about you but this week seemed to be so long even with a snow day on Monday.  I’m really starting to get excited about some of the music I’m playing with my students!  Progress, finally!  This week I moved three of my beginners to my advanced band at one of my schools and the difference it’s making has been really wonderful!  I’m happy to see how the change for students who were just miles ahead of their peers has motivated them to play more challenging music.  It’s also putting some pressure on my older students who haven’t been practicing or playing well to step up their game.  

My goal is to have three different level groups at all of my schools but right now I have 3 levels at one school and 2 at the other.  Just for reference I teach 4th - 6th grade.  Though next year some of my schools will lose their 6th grade so I’m not really sure how that will effect me yet.  

Well, onto fashion friday!  Here’s an outfit I wore to see Green River Ordinance.  They are a great band and have a country / rock sound.  I obviously love to break out the cowboy boots for concerts :-) 
 Boots: Country Store in PA
Jeans: American Eagle
Sequin Shirt: J.Crew
Cardigan: Target
Necklace: Nordstrom Rack
Watch: Fossil
Hair Tie: CVS ;-) 
Have a great weekend!  I’m hoping to start an orchestra (both my advanced band and orchestras will perform together) arrangement of “Happy” if I can find the motivation.  In other news I am learning to play the ukulele to use with my summer camp program!  It’s going pretty well so far.  Over the summer I do general music type activities with children ages 3 - 13 in Alexandria, VA.  It’s a blast.  I’ll definitely be posting about some of what I have planned for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment